Theory Critique of Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring
Guidelines for the Theory Critique:
– Describe the main ideas of the theory
– Provide a diagram including all concepts.
III. Origins of the theory
– Theorist motivation in making the theory
– Understanding of the metaparadigm applied in the theory
– Provide a concrete example where the theory has been utilized
– Does the theory been tested? Cite specific examples to support.
VII. Overall Evaluation
– Provide strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis
– How the theory lead into action
– Significance of the theory to nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing administration
– Time value (when is this theory be utilized?)